BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i turned me lights on today and it flagged up that the drivers side headlight is out but all the lights are still working both in auto mode and when i go through the light manually.

Please help me cause i now have a bright orange car on me dash with a red headlight lol

Cheers in advance Mark

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Give your front indicators a thump and see what happens.

Honestly, used to work for my 2001 325i. I think it was a water ingress issue as it always happened after rain.

Sorry, not very scientific. Humble apologies to the purists on here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i might give that a go lol, maybe a dodgy connection i might give the plugs a good clean with some contact cleaner in a bit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just been out and checked the lamps and wiring and everything seems to be in order. Every light works and looks fine but the driver side headlight does look a little black around the bottom even though its still working is the computer telling me its on its way out ?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Turn the ignition off and turn the side lights on then have a look round the front, you got 2 sides lights?

Otherwise check your connections on the bulbs and to the headlight

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll go out and check that, but why do it with the ignition off?

If i turn the car on thn put my side lights on it doesnt flag the fault up only when i put the light to the dipped beam does it put the warning light on. I was out in the car last night and it went off and came back on a few times whilst driving, plus i spole to me mate who works at bmw and he seems to think its the footwell module ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just like to say thanks fr the help, the problem is sorted now took it down to me mate who works at the bmw main dealers turned out to be th light control module, basically unit that you turn the light on and off with.

So if anyone comes across the same problem it might be that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts