BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My airbag warning light has decided to come on and off now and again, it only seems to come on if someone gets in the passenger side? I know there is an airbag in the passenger door and was wondering if there was something i could check before i start pulling the door card off

Cheers Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will this show up on the bmw computer thing they have? cause me mate works down there and he's going to put it on the computer on saturday?

Plus why would this make the airbag light come on ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes it will show up on the diagnostic machine . Because it is faulty, it is a warning to tell you that the SRS system needs attention.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah right, i was just wondering what the relation is between the seat sensor and the airbag system is? but i guess the passenger side airbags will only go off if there is someonein the seat?

·
Registered
46 Posts
had the same problem on my 52 compact there was a plug under the passenger seat that came loose and the air bag symbol come up. apparently if the system detects a fault the air bags wont deploy at all.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It has a sensor in the seat to determine whether the passenger airbag needs to fire, also on dual stage airbags it measures your weight and fires the small airbag charge to inflate the airbag slower for a child, big charge for a adult, prevents sending the kids head/nose through the seat or face

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has a sensor in the seat to determine whether the passenger airbag needs to fire, also on dual stage airbags it measures your weight and fires the small airbag charge to inflate the airbag slower for a child, big charge for a adult, prevents sending the kids head/nose through the seat or face
Ah right that xplains that then, i had a play under the passengers seat yesterday and i found a little box at the rear of the seat with a few wires going to it, i had a play with the wires and the light went off so i'm thinking maybe someone in the back might have kicked the box by accident and knocked th wires. I guess i'll see if it come back on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts