1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Im new here and would be greatful for any help you can give me

I own a 2002 E46 330ci convertible
I got in the car today to find that the instrument panel wasn't working ie, no rev counter, as I tried to turn the lights on the rev counter flickered,I left the car running ths dash board lights returned but no rev counter,where the mileage should be the words "Code"now are illuminated ??? Please Help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it sounds daft but I haven't yet
When I leave in the morning its dark and same when I get back .

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sounds like a fuse blowing, but then again, I'd expect all instruments to go if a fuse went, but it's just a thought :)

ATB,
Tom

·
Registered
478 Posts
I believe (I'm probably totally wrong), it is to tell you there is a fault and that it is reading an error code, but I've not got my handbook at the moment (I have a 51 version of your car.........).

ATB,
Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rev counter Electrics Fixed

Just a quick note to those of you out there perhaps with the same fault I had..... After alot of searching checking fuses looking through manuals for the words CODE as a fault I simply removed the earth lead from the battery left it off for approx 1 hr reconnected problem sorted apparently this method of resetting is common practice, news to me thanks to all those that helped with the various methods :jaw-dropping:jaw-dropping

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just a quick note to those of you out there perhaps with the same fault I had..... After alot of searching checking fuses looking through manuals for the words CODE as a fault I simply removed the earth lead from the battery left it off for approx 1 hr reconnected problem sorted apparently this method of resetting is common practice, news to me thanks to all those that helped with the various methods :jaw-dropping:jaw-dropping
dumb question but which side is the earth lead? the south side (if you are facing the boot) or the north side?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts