BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks unfortunately its time to change my 2002 e46 330ci convertible brake pads and discs due to excesive wear and warped discs causing lots of vibration when breaking , i also need a new caliper as its sticking at the moment,iv bought EBC Redstuff pads allround already but need discs and a caliper , im thinking ebc discs aswell or is there a better option !

also any help on where to pick these parts up at cheapest price would be appreciated,thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey folks unfortunately its time to change my 2002 e46 330ci convertible brake pads and discs due to excesive wear and warped discs causing lots of vibration when breaking , i also need a new caliper as its sticking at the moment,iv bought EBC Redstuff pads allround already but need discs and a caliper , im thinking ebc discs aswell or is there a better option !

also any help on where to pick these parts up at cheapest price would be appreciated,thanks
have a look at these http://www.ycp-braking.com/store/contact-us/info_2.html :jaw-dropping

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
As weird as this may sound, I bought discs from Amazon last week - they were Brembo discs, surprisingly well priced, and were shipped to me by Brembo UK.

For pads, I got Pagid ones from EuroCarParts. I also got a caliper from them a couple of years ago (it's still behaving itself)!

HTH

·
Registered
98 Posts
just replaced mine, pagid discs and pads cant fault 'em. got a great price delivered from crn products on here.:thumbsup
already painted to :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi can anyone from experience tell me if the mtec discs are good ! is there any chance of them warping under hard driving condition ect and what would be best style to go for i.e dimpled and grooved,slotted,drilled and grooved ect

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just because the caliper is sticking does not mean you need a new one. Normally it is possible to overhaul them.

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Good OEM discs, and then choose good pads.
It's the quality of the discs that is the most important, not the number of drill holes, or number of groove etc.
A good value option if you want something a little sporty is ATE Power discs, usually about the same or a little more than standard discs from ECP/GSF etc.
Brembo OEM spec will be fine too

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just got some disks off mtech, having them fitted in the morning with Mintex pads, £500 cheaper all in than BMW doing it so worth a try, heard all good things on them tho. Gone for dimpled ad grooved in silver to match my read coded brake hubs. Not fussed re the grooves etc but that's all they do unless I wanted drilled.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well their on and their pretty good, the silver paint was on the disc gave too so waiting for that to totally burn off the disc and pads before I really get a feel for them but I'm sure they'll be just like the originals which is fine. Bloody car won't acknowledge they are fitted though, despite new sensors fitted and trying to reset the pad sensor timers.. Front still reads 7000, rears now says -------- and I have a red car on a ramp :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts