BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
I need some tips.

I am thinking about adding a digital tv tuner to my 2002 330ci convertible.

I currently have the wide screen sat nav unit with the analogue tv tuner. It has an AV option on the screen so I am assuming that I can add a device to this unit via some AV leads???

I need to know whether or not it means that I have the phono connectors already on the car or will I need to purchase an AV lead from the wonderful people at the BMW stealership.

Also any tips and advice would be welcome as I dont want to rip the panels off before I am fully prepared.

Thanx

·
Registered
114 Posts
you can get an av input lead from a company called NavTV. With an av input lead you unplug and t piece in the av input lead and then you get a av out put and an av input. ALSO they do a little lead that is called TV ON THE MOVE......... I fit car alarms, trackers and av systems for a living and i fit loads of these kits. Alpine do a very good digital tunner but it is not cheap but if you go cheap you will struggle getting reception.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can get an av input lead from a company called NavTV. With an av input lead you unplug and t piece in the av input lead and then you get a av out put and an av input. ALSO they do a little lead that is called TV ON THE MOVE......... I fit car alarms, trackers and av systems for a living and i fit loads of these kits. Alpine do a very good digital tunner but it is not cheap but if you go cheap you will struggle getting reception.
which kit would i need? the "AVBMW" seems well priced but £250 for the "NAV-INBMW" seems a little pricey. on my tv channel listing screen it has an AV channel, does this mean I have a AV socket somewhere in the car?

also i already have tv in motion for my passengers :rofl

·
Registered
114 Posts
I can do the av input lead delivered for £60. I fit car audio, av, security ect for a living so i can get stuff at trade:thumbsup
And i have my tv screen in my van wired so my passanger can watch it:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does this plug direct into the BMW tv system? also any idea on how much?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Upgrading BMW 330ci E46 tuners from analogue to digital

Can anyone help me with upgrading my analogue tuners to digital tv & radio without having to loose things like my sat nav & computer.

I live in Barnet, if you think you can help please email me @ [email protected]

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you have plenty of money then just swap the analogue module for a BMW hybrid module, plug and play - and £500 plus from e-bay.

If you don't have that much money and don't mind using an infra red remote, get an AV input cable (£25 or so) and connect up a caravan/boat/car freview box to the AV and OEM aerial connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts