BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HIya guys my 330ci sport needs a litre of oil to top it up and was wondering what the 3l m54 takes? Is it 0w30 like my old 320ci?

·
Registered
11 Posts
HIya guys my 330ci sport needs a litre of oil to top it up and was wondering what the 3l m54 takes? Is it 0w30 like my old 320ci?
Have a look at your last service receipt if you have it. It will state what the garage used, so you can top up with that grade. Your engine will take fully synthetic oil like 0w30, 0w40, 5w30, 5w40.

What about Halford Fully Synthetic oil? am not taking the pi$$, just asking if its acceptable? by the way how do you know your car needs a litre of oil?
The 6 cyl models are know for burning oil after a few thousand miles. Either his yellow oil light came on, or he checked his dipstick and it was at the minimum level. The amount between min and max is exactly 1 litre. BTW, Irun 5w30 in mine, just as Slacker has suggested.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Personally dude...........I would not be putting Halfords oils in my customers cars never mind my pride and joys.

Why Halfords? Just curious?
well, from what i have heard its Mobile oil. so you are gettting Mobile oil for less then what mobile oil costs. I guess what i am saying is, is the grade 0w/40w ok for a 330i?

Which oil make do you use?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx guys:thumbsup I used to use castrol edge 0w30 in my 320 ci, its what bmw recommended. I know it needs a litre cause its not far off of minimum, good old oil burning trait of the straight 6 lol.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
well, from what i have heard its Mobile oil. so you are gettting Mobile oil for less then what mobile oil costs. I guess what i am saying is, is the grade 0w/40w ok for a 330i?

Which oil make do you use?
Mobil??.............not sure about that mate.

But if you are after a good quality oil and a very good price then get some Fuchs 5w/30 Fully synthetic..........it is a german made oil and is original fill at BMW, MERC, VAG factory.

It is much cheaper than the Mobil and the likes of Castrol.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mobil??.............not sure about that mate.

But if you are after a good quality oil and a very good price then get some Fuchs 5w/30 Fully synthetic..........it is a german made oil and is original fill at BMW, MERC, VAG factory.

It is much cheaper than the Mobil and the likes of Castrol.
Thanks for that mate, where can i get this oil from?

like i said only heard its mobile...dont take my word for it! :jaw-dropping

1 - 20 of 50 Posts