BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Today I was sitting at the traffic lights and in the reflection I saw my Left hand light was very dim. So I turned the lights on and off and then it flickered a little bit and now doesn't light up anymore and I get the headlight warning light on the dashboard come on.

The car was speced with the automatic xenons from the factory.
Is this going to be expensive?
As it's got xenons do i just replace the bulb like a normal headlight?

Please help as I don't have a clue when it comes to xenons :-(

Thanks
James

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O dear. I was just googling and i found a few websites which say if you change one bulb you have to change the other as well otherwise the colours dont match.
I have had a look on that realoem website and found this but I'm not sure which one I would have;

No. Description Supplement Qty From Up To Part Number
07 Bulb Xenon light OSRAM D2-S 2 03/2003 63128361007
07 Bulb Xenon light D2-S 35W 2 03/2003 63217160806

Thanks
James

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just phoned my local Fairfield BMW stealer and they said it would be £150 each for the bulb!!!!!!!! thats crazy for a bulb. I remember my old car only use to cost about a £5!!!!
What the bloke did say though it is very uncommon for the bulb to go and that I should swap the drivers bulb over to see if that works because if it doesn't then it could be the "engniter"??? i think he said.

Thanks
James

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
You can get D2-S Bulbs for way cheaper than that...check out the link below, they're about £20, can't vouch for quality as I have aftermarket hids but got to be worth a go, get a pair of them definitely and put both of them in. To keep the OEM look you probably want 4300k or 5000k (5000k is almost 100% white, 4300k will still look slightly yellow, 6000k is white, no yellow, slight hint of blue).

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-xenon-bulbs/hid-xenon-bulbs-sets-p-301.html - click Xenon Bulb Sets and D2-S is under there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts