BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question i have recently bought the above car and sure i have read that some people can get over 300 miles to tank? So far best I have acheievd is 270 and worst ( but fun) 220. So really just checking if i do have a prob with car or my driving or better still nothing at all, before someone says as well it wasn't bought for econonmy I know!! thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just a quick question i have recently bought the above car and sure i have read that some people can get over 300 miles to tank? So far best I have acheievd is 270 and worst ( but fun) 220. So really just checking if i do have a prob with car or my driving or better still nothing at all, before someone says as well it wasn't bought for econonmy I know!! thanks

I have a 330ci Sport conv and I am getting 250 -320 per tankm more twds the 300 mark though. I am running on Vpower :)

·
Registered
84 Posts

I have a 330ci Sport conv and I am getting 250 -320 per tank more twds the 300 mark though. I am running on Vpower :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Richie

I've got a 2001 330i manual and regularly get 420+ miles on each tank on long journeys. I took it to the Nurburgring a few months ago and it averaged over 37mpg with the tyres nicely pumped up in preparation for the circuit.

Over the last few weeks I've been doing 20 minute journeys to and from work, in freezing conditions and I'm always running late yet it still doesn't drop below 30mpg over the week. I've checked the accuracy of the fuel computer with miles vs litres and it's almost spot on.

If you're using a lot more fuel than that, check your tyre pressures. It makes a huge difference although if you have them too high it ruins the ride and reduces grip. Also if yours is an auto then it's a different ball game. And being a convertible it will weigh a bit more too. I always use VPower or preferably Tesco 99 fuel. It's probably all in my head but I reckon the car pulls a bit harder, runs more smoothly and uses a bit less of it.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
I also have a 330ci Sport conv and I am getting 170 to 370 miles to a tank. well the 170 was purely city driving and it was being hammered. 370 was purely motorway driving at 80 mph. I would say that as an average I get between 250 and 290 to a full tank.

I would also check the tyre pressure as my car was rubbish untill i got the pressure sorted.

My front tyres were set at 36 psi and the rears were 40 psi when I had the 18s on my car and it improved my mpg. I also stick some red-ex in my tank every 3000 miles and after i started using it i noticed my car pulling harder and driving smoother.

Also my car is a auto step-tronic which is less economical than the manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts