BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2002 330ci Clubsport that is for sale, am a bit perturbed at the colour.
The car is black - and as far as I'm aware the Clubsport was only available in Silver, Estoril Blue and Violet?
Anybody help me out?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I am looking at a 2002 330ci Clubsport that is for sale, am a bit perturbed at the colour.
The car is black - and as far as I'm aware the Clubsport was only available in Silver, Estoril Blue and Violet?
Anybody help me out?
its not the first time i have heard a black 1 for sale!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phoned BMW UK today and they will look into their archives and let me know.
They said if I have the reg and last 7 digits of vin number - phone the specifications line - and they will tell me the story of the car.
Car has not arrived at dealership yet - so will only get info next week.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dunno if this helps but when searching on the net for stats the other day it was saying that my model is the clubsport and mine is black. I am not sure what the difference is between m sport and clubsport and im sure mine has every bit of kit so a bit confused myself.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Dunno if this helps but when searching on the net for stats the other day it was saying that my model is the clubsport and mine is black. I am not sure what the difference is between m sport and clubsport and im sure mine has every bit of kit so a bit confused myself.
taken from a older thread.....
330ci clubsport
new m sport rear spoiler
18" double spoke alloy wheels
sports sus settings
20kg of insulation was remoed to increase engine noise in the cabin
leathered alcantara sports seats
shortened m gear lever
door sills featured model designation
siler aluminium cubed interior door trim
engine standard
:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
This is a good read: Linky
Also this press release blurb: Another Linky. Interesting that the press shot from early 2002 has this car wearing MV1's.
I am not sure what the difference is between m sport and clubsport
There wasn't an M-Sport in 2002, they only appeared in 2004/5. There was a Sport though.

The one thing to note with BMW (or any other car manufacturers come to that) is that if enough people want a colour, they'll start producing that colour. So despite the press launch blurb, they could well have introduced black at the start.

Check the spec though against everything listed - a true ClubSport should have everything listed.

HTH

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is a good read: Linky
Also this press release blurb: Another Linky

There wasn't an M-Sport in 2002, they only appeared in 2004/5. There was a Sport though.

HTH
wow thats a bit of a harsh write up lol and if there wasnt any m sport until 2004 then mine must be a sport, can be confusing at times, not that I am complaining as I do really love mine.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
wow thats a bit of a harsh write up lol and if there wasnt any m sport until 2004 then mine must be a sport, can be confusing at times, not that I am complaining as I do really love mine.
I think it was the realisation of the press at the time that the Clubsport didn't do much a 330ci didn't do... 20kg weight reduction - that's a suitcase!!!
The then-imminent CSL was a fantastic adaptation of the M3 - I think people hoped the Clubsport would be a similar version of the 330Ci.

Worth it for the Estoril Blue though - my favourite colour by far :hihi

·
Registered
456 Posts
According to another bmw forum (sorry i did venture to another) there are only 4 or 5 genuine black clubsports in the uk, all of which are autos and iirc all pre faclifts. Check e46zone.

I can guarantee on of them has been damaged though as i saw it for sale on a salvage sight a while back, check it wasnt that one as iirc the d/s was damged v badly.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think it was the realisation of the press at the time that the Clubsport didn't do much a 330ci didn't do... 20kg weight reduction - that's a suitcase!!!
The then-imminent CSL was a fantastic adaptation of the M3 - I think people hoped the Clubsport would be a similar version of the 330Ci.

Worth it for the Estoril Blue though - my favourite colour by far :hihi
thats it in a nutshell, when i was looking for mine i saw a couple but much dearer than the standerd sport, didnt like the spoiler either, one i did see didnt have a spoiler intrestily enough, i dont dislike clubsports but wouldnt pay extra for one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts