BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening to All,

I currently own a 1996 E36 328I touring, manual. the car has done just over 181k and drives VERY well. i've owned it for about 3 years and only ever had 2 issues, actually it was the same issue twice!! the top radiator hose burst. other than that it has been entirely and completely reliable as well as being very nice to drive, its quite fast, decent on fuel and of course sounds amazing! :D

that said, i'm now coming to the point where i think an 'upgrade' is about due or soon to be due. my question is, would a 2001-2003 E46 330 diesel or petrol be a good way to go. i drive apprx 50 miles per day, to and from work so i am looking to (if possible) reduce my fuel costs, but my main requirement is reliability. my 328, as mentioned, has been EXTREMELY good in this area. what common faults or areas of concern exist with my suggested e46's and is there any advice i should keep in mind when choosing? :)

many thanks for your time folks

much appreciated

regards
bf

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Petrol or diesel usually brings up some heated discussions o here that's all.

If you can manage the running cost the 330i will be splendid:thumbsup

If you don't like filling up to often then the 330d is wonderful and still has 95% of the performance, and more in some respects. The 6 cylinders do sound good too:thumbsup

However if (big if) you get problems with the diesel then they most likely will cost more to sort which may cost you more than running a 330i in the first place.

Is a tricky one :confused

1 - 5 of 5 Posts