BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Some little **** kicked both my mirrors off last night and i know there are 2 different pin types, can anyone help me and advise which type i have eg. how many pins.

thanks in advance

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
Hi,

Some little **** kicked both my mirrors off last night and i know there are 2 different pin types, can anyone help me and advise which type i have eg. how many pins.

thanks in advance
6 pin and 12 pin. both should fit and work. 12 pin are the folding mirrors and 6 pin are manual.. sorry to hear about your mirrors being kicked. i know exactly how you must be feeling.

:punch

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi,

thanks in advance

Im really sorry to hear about this.....I cannot understand what goes thru people's minds when they do this.

I really hope he/she slips up in the snow and breaks his arm.

·
Registered
211 Posts
6 pin and 12 pin. both should fit and work. 12 pin are the folding mirrors and 6 pin are manual.. sorry to hear about your mirrors being kicked. i know exactly how you must be feeling.

:punch
tabbassam, I tried to upgrade to OEM folding mirrors after taking your advice. Fitted them the other day, fitted the switch and connected them all up and checked that I had a fuse in position 57.......

.....and nothing. Can see that the positioning motors work for the mirror glass, but no folding function.

The images of the connectors are attached, drivers side on the left. Are these the connectors for folding mirrors?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
tabbassam, I tried to upgrade to OEM folding mirrors after taking your advice. Fitted them the other day, fitted the switch and connected them all up and checked that I had a fuse in position 57.......

.....and nothing. Can see that the positioning motors work for the mirror glass, but no folding function.

The images of the connectors are attached, drivers side on the left. Are these the connectors for folding mirrors?
do you have memory seats?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts