BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i set about changing my spark plugs... i was advised to go for the NGK iridium's so after a quick vist to sparkplugs.com i whipped the old (looked to be origional even though has 90,000 on the clock) ones out and replaced them with the nice new shiney NGK's :D

i wasnt really expecting much to be honest, i mean yes on there website it does say (improves your 0-60 time by 0.7 seconds!) but every performance part claims something like that.

but wow was i wrong! :D throttle response is awsome, and it definately pulls better! and much quieter as well. what a package for £30!

i did drop the oil and filter out of it the day before yesterday, replaced the filter and used royal purple 5W30 synthetic oil which is probably helping as well but i didnt really notice a huge difference straight away with the new oil alone. but with the new spark plugs..... thats a different matter!

just wondering if any one else is running NGK Iridium's and what they think of them?

cheers

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Never tried them but if your old plugs were past the sell by date then I can understand the whole smooth running thing :cool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts