BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
BMW 325TI Sport Auto Compact 2002 warning light?
Hi everyone,

Started my car this morning , Nipped to the bank, Started up again , nipped to the petrol Station, put some Juice in, went to start up again ..... and my ignition lights sort of flicked on and off about 5 times and wouldn't start!! and I did notice a yellow cog type light on , but didnt stay on . now after scanning through a few threads on here I can gather this is a fault with the Automatic Transmission:eek. but I havent found anybody mentioning the flick on and off thing when I tried to start up . Would be grateful if any one had any Ideas?

Thanks

Pacman 1

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi, i dont know if this is the same as what happened to me; just after buying my 325ti. Driving home, all the lights on the dash came on (cog light included), the car lost power and died. Wouldn't restart. Turns out it was the alternator not charging the battery enough, killed the whole thing dead! After a new Battery and alternator were fitted, it has been trouble free, I got the fault codes checked and it came up with all sorts including the automatic transmission, all due to a failed alternator. Might be worth getting it checked out, see if its charging?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts