BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have recently bought a 325ci, replacing a 323i.
Having had it 2 weeks now, I have noticed that the car seems to stall a helluva lot when I am reversing. To ensure it doesn't, I have to rev it to nearly 2000 revs before reversing. Its driving me nuts to be honest and I hope somebody can offer a solution. I're had 3 previous BMW's and never had this issue before.

I also have a boot lock issue. The boot doesnt always lock shut when I close it. What I mean is, it doesn't 'catch' first time. Any ideas please?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
With the boot lid there should be a couple of rubber stoppers that can turned either clockwise or anti clockwise, They have a thread on them which allows you to raise or lower the line of the boot lid.

You could also check that the locking mechanism is nicely lubed up;)

Have you searched the engine bay for split Induction, air/vacuum hoses?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine does exactly the same.. It's only when reversing but you have to keep the revs up... Had it checked out by BMW and they said there is nothing wrong.. I'm used to it now.. Although it's amusing when other people reverse it cos you can guarantee they will stall it. Sure you will get used to it!

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I agree with G4EDW, I find that I have to rev mine a little more than I was used to, I think it is something to do with the Clutch Delay Valve and the Dual Mass Flywheel. It is something you quickly get used to:).

Try driving a newish Mondeo Diesel if you think they are bad - truely awful IMO:frown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same issue here, 2002 e46 325ci - definitely have to give it more revs than others cars I've driven specially when cold. Like others have said, just something you get used to. Good to know it's not just mine though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.