BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, newbie with a prob!!! new to bmw and great drive butttttt car starts perfect when cold even down to minus 3 but as soon as warm wont start winds over and over , took to garage fitted glow plugs crankshaft sensor which showed up on fault meter ok fpr a week or 2 then again garage cold only find vaccum pipe off , help please

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ronnie

hi ronnie
had cam shaft sensor done, glow plugs , as diognostics said, but still not right , will try the fuel pump relay as you say, this only started when garage serviced it, but they say its nothing they did ,????????? cheers sparkym1b performance and running brilliant, just when i stop for 10 mins try to start,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
had injector leak off test done today, 2 x injectors leaking bmw want £700.00 + vat , so i drove away ,but they had broken a return pipe so i lost 1/2 tank diesel , they then fixed this steam cleaned the engine bay and washed the car, then guess no power could not pull a sixpence , bmw collected it and phoned to say turbo bearing shatterred and want £1200.00 to fix , car now sat on my drive ,and goin nowhere , thanx bmw p......ed right off, wonderin should they jet wash a hot turbo???? will this cause bearing to collapse.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
final update for this nitemare!!!!! having new turbo fitted, also four brand new injectors, and even having swirl flaps removed ,takin no chances on this with my luck, hopefully i can really start to enjoy my 320 e46, big bill, but what the hell ,£2000.00 ,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I'm having this problem too with my e46 saloon. Cold starts are ok but if the engine is still warm then it just turns over but wont fire up. Really worrying me since I've only just picked it up and I have a feeling the garage are going to be really awkward about it even though it's under warranty. Did you find out what it was in the end?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.