BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a new MAF sensor. I have tried cleaning it which did improve things hugely, but now all power has gone again and seems to return intermittantly so I am having to bite the bullet and buy one.

I have been quoted around £270 from BMW and £120 from ECP. However I have seen this one on the bay for £37 with free postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-air-flow-...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Can this be any good? It comes with a 1 year warranty. Will I need to recode my car if I fit this one and if so, how much does coding cost?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's just the sensor probe he is selling, not the complete body...which would explain why the cost is low. Saying that, the original probe would be double that price, but I can't really comment on the one on ebay. And no, you won't need recoding.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Your MAF part number should be either 13627787076 or 13627788744.

Does it have a Bosch number on it as well? either......

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just the sensor probe he is selling, not the complete body...which would explain why the cost is low. Saying that, the original probe would be double that price, but I can't really comment on the one on ebay. And no, you won't need recoding.
Cheers. I have always read that if you didn't buy the exact same make, model, part no. etc of the one I am replacing, then I would need to have the car coded or the new MAF wouldn't work.

Also, surely it is only the sensor I need. The MAF assembly itself is fine so doesn't really need replacing. Is it possible to just buy the sensor from GSF or euros?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have a look Ronnie and get back to you. Just taking a break from decorating the nursery at the moment. If she catches me with my head under the bonnet I'm in a world of pain :eek

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I'll have a look Ronnie and get back to you. Just taking a break from decorating the nursery at the moment. If she catches me with my head under the bonnet I'm in a world of pain :eek
:lol

I know the feeling :hihi, fortunately as I'm looking after the kids I'm safe :thumbsup

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also have the same problem. could u tell me if mine needs to be recoded the bosch part no is 0928400527?? ive tried almost everything and this is my last theory before setting fire to the car. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts