BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everything,

I have big problems, got a second hand cylinder head of ebay advertised as an M47 204D4 BMW 320d engine! I took it to the mechanic and he said it doesnt fit as the water pump bolts into the head on this head but the one I need, the waterpump bolts to the block!

I think the head i brought was for the older 136 bhp model, 204D1!! (Advertised as 204D4!!!!!!)

Luckily I can get a refund but cant seem to find a secondhand head for my car anywhere! There are lots for an M47R engine however my engine is M47N

Looking on eBay, it appears the the Landrover TD4 head is the same, does anyone no if this is the case?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone must have some ideas here, I am beginning to feel no very popular on there lol

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
As this is a BMW site, I suspect no-one has a clue!!

I'd cal lthe dealer and ask them to do a part number match or find the LR equivalent of RealOEM and look there?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have looked on Realoem and its given me the part number of 11127806058 however this doesnt match any of the heads I have found on ebay! Another think i have notice there are a few heads on ebay all advertised for the same model car but all with difference parts numbers?

Someone on here must no if the landrover TD4 head will fit the bmw block?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I buy some of my parts from the freelander garage and that for the 136Bhp engine...I think you'd be very lucky if it was actually a straight swap.

The problem with the early M47N's was the swirl flap issue. Most that are scrapped/idle have pretty much ruined the engine due to swirl flap ingestion, thats probably why your finding it hard to source one...:frown

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right found out some bits of info, unless i have the 136 bhp engine the parts from the rover 75 diesel engine and Freelander engine WILL NOT fit. Even though they are all the same engine code M47 there are many different variations! I got a price for a second hand cylinder head from Quary motors but they were a bit pricy, double what they are elsewhere! Fingers crossed I have now found a good head, just got to get some new gaskets now as the previous ones were for the wrong head!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So it is now over a month since I paid for the EGR thermostat and I still haven't received it! As you are not responding to my emails anymore I thought I'd post on an open forum asking where it is.
So when should I expect to receive it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts