BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been trying to remove my EGR valve to give a good clean up, however I am having some problems removing it from my car. I can undo the 4 10mm bolts, and the main hose on the front of the valve but I can not seem to release the pipe on the right hand side of the valve that appears to go into the exhaust.

It is held together with a jubilee clip, item #6 here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AS72&mospid=47635&btnr=11_3334&hg=11&fg=50

The pipe seems to have a flange on both sides that overlap each other. Also, the jubilee clip seems to be welded?? to the pipe in question.

Has anyone removed this before and if so did you have these problems?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone must have done this job before, I have read posts with people saying they have removed and cleaned it, but no instructions.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy new year Roonie and thanks for the reply.

I have tried exactly that. Released the clip fully then tried to gently prise it off. It appears though, as if it has a very small spot weld in the clip which is keeping firmly attatched to the flanges.

Also, even if this clip cmes off, the flanges look as if they have been compression fitted over each other.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel like a right silly billy for asking, but how on earth do you access the 2 bottom screws??

The top 2 are obviously easy but for the life of me I can't manage to get a hex key into the bottom 2. tried different types of allen keys and all I've been able to do is drop one of them into the car :(

can anyone please help??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.