BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may have read on my last thread i had a turbo failure on a 320d 2002. I put on a rebuilt turbo to find that it whines. I had the guy look at it and he found oil leaking into the turbo on the compressor side. The oil comes from the small tube connected to the plastic air duct comming from the air filter. Does anyone know what is on the other end of that small hose. It looks like a plastic rail of some sort, and why there would be oil comming out of it? Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ronnie. Yup, thats the hose. There seems to be oil leaking out of it and heading into my turbo. The turbo guy reckons thats whats causing the turbo to whine. Any idea why there would be oil comming from there?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
When your old turbo went were all the pipes cleaned out? and you fitted a new breather I seem to recall didn't you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i put in a new breather system. I cleaned out the intercooler and the hoses associated with it. I think i may have missed something tho, under the air filter there is a long plastic thing about 30cm long and 50mm square. That hose you pointed out to me on realoem connects to the end of it, and thats where the oil is comming from. Should i remove all this and give it a clean? Or what about an engine flush?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Simon,
I seem to have the same problem with oil getting into turbo. Have you sorted your car out? I know it's been a while ago, but still I hope you know the answer! I have changed my breather but still got oil pouring down ...
thnaks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts