BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
There's only one way to find out:hihi

Ideally it would be nice to observe the picture quality but in all honesty, compared to what you would pay for an example from the likes of Pioneer or Kenwood you could always sell it on and get most of your money back or just throw it in the bin:lol

Why not contact the company and find out what their returns procedure is? Tell them that you're sceptical but would like to give it a fair trial:D

You can but ask:hihi

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very true. Now I've started looking, I'm finding all types for all prices. Just found this one which is still dirt cheap but comes with built in GPS and maps, bluetooth etc... gotta be poor quality for that price surely. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=190284147673&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

In your opinion A20, how easy would this be to fit to my E46. I currently only have the business radio (single din). Is it possible? If so, what adjustments, cutting, purchases would I need?

·
Registered
236 Posts
When i went to get my HIDs fitted at TTints in Bedfordshire i was looking at there range of screen whilst they were fitting the lights.

They offered to move the climate control module down in the dash, fit a double din screen with sat nav,bluetooth,DVD etc, touch screen, supply all the brackets and the adapter so i can watch normal TV all for £500.00 thought that was so cheap!... they also a have a full working demo model in there so might be worth the half hour drive if your only in London and serious about getting it done to have a play about with it... i was very tempted but gonna wait in case i get the M3 in a couple of months time :D

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Very true. Now I've started looking, I'm finding all types for all prices. Just found this one which is still dirt cheap but comes with built in GPS and maps, bluetooth etc... gotta be poor quality for that price surely. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=190284147673&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

In your opinion A20, how easy would this be to fit to my E46. I currently only have the business radio (single din). Is it possible? If so, what adjustments, cutting, purchases would I need?
I'm afraid I'm the wrong person to be asking on this one as my knowledge is very poor on the E46. I am E36 through and through:hihi

If I was looking to do this though I would be checking to see if there appears to be room to house the double din, If not is there anything that can be moved easily to do so:thumbsup

When I first mounted a TV screen in my car I decided to relocate the OBC (glorified clock on the 318is:D) into the centre console next to the hand brake:rofl I then removed the surround that has the cigarette lighter in it and custom fitted the screen - Bottom Right picture below

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I'kk give it a miss. Just been looking at a price for the double din fascia for an E46. Cheapest I can find is £120. Then I'd have to buy the climate relocation brackets and then I'd still have to start cutting into my air vents etc... Would look nice, but too much grief IMO

·
Registered
8 Posts
When i went to get my HIDs fitted at TTints in Bedfordshire i was looking at there range of screen whilst they were fitting the lights.

They offered to move the climate control module down in the dash, fit a double din screen with sat nav,bluetooth,DVD etc, touch screen, supply all the brackets and the adapter so i can watch normal TV all for £500.00 thought that was so cheap!... they also a have a full working demo model in there so might be worth the half hour drive if your only in London and serious about getting it done to have a play about with it... i was very tempted but gonna wait in case i get the M3 in a couple of months time :D
Hiya mate... Do you have the details for TTints?!
I am looking to do the same and I'm in Kempston so they seem local to me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.