BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a guide to changing the rear brake pads on my 02 3 series compact. Do i need a tool to adjust or wind the brakes on. Does the hanbrake brake work of these pads aswell or other shoes req. Please help or direct me where i can get this info. Thanks

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
If you have rear discs and pads on the vehicle then you will find that the handbrake is still operated using shoes but inside the brake disc. The piston on the calliper does not need winding back, you just need to slowly compress the piston back into the calliper using a C-clamp or a large set of pump pliers:thumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have rear discs and pads on the vehicle then you will find that the handbrake is still operated using shoes but inside the brake disc. The piston on the calliper does not need winding back, you just need to slowly compress the piston back into the calliper using a C-clamp or a large set of pump pliers:thumbsup
What he said...you will also need a 7mm hex spanner to remove the 2 caliper bolts.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
You forgot say you need to take the OS wear sensor out...so what would you use for that then? :rofl
Flat bladed screw driver but you would probably use a pair of long nose pliers:thumbsup

Oooooh oooooh wait.......... you will also need the plastic thingy ma bobby to remove the plastc cap from the locking bolt;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.