BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive noticed this wire just sitting there on the dash board and im a little concerned as i have no idea what it is for it has a little piece spliced out of it
also on the end of it it seems as though it has been detached from a solder point .

its has the following written on it MNB PART NUMBER RG174

ive tried searching google but to no avail

many thanks gav

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
looks like some sort of co-ax cable, suspicously like the ariel cable, but dont know why that would be on the dash,

Maybe a previous owner had an attener mouted on the dash for an after market HU, purhaps TV, DAB, GPS something similar

Where does it go?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
Yea HU = head unit

and oem as in original equipment manufacture :thumbsup

It is most likely that that wire wont be connected to anything, if you pull the glove box out you can see where it goes and pull it out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
or could it be to do with this ???????
seems like a microphone of some sort and in the boot theres a wire dangling about ?????

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well the first pic is of a microphone for a hands free car kit, but can't make out what the second pic is though. If they're not meant to be there, remove them. Make sure there is no current running to them first, to prevent shorting out, or blowing fuses.

·
Registered
50 Posts
looks like a cable for a phone kit tax disc antenna
fiited properly diffficult to remove. lazy someone has cut the cable
have you the remains of a kit anywhere ? but you have to remove some trim to find out, usually under glovebox
if it was me i would either find the other end any remove properly or cut it a lot shorter and push remainder under screen frim

·
Registered
50 Posts
on the box the connecter on the left seems to be the live conn, the one in the middle is mic looks like a phono when pulled out and on the far right is tother end of the antenna...dosent look like a bloototh kit so it an oldie not a goodie

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just be careful if you go pulling it all out, dodgy installers tend to tap into Live and grounds in the strangest places. Id hate for you to start blowing fuses (or worse)

·
Registered
50 Posts
no not BMW fitment
looks like its all there except the phone holder/connector
its old so pull it out or forget its there, unless you want to fit your own in that case you can always use the mic lead as its fed all the way thru and only a phono plug and will conn to a newer b'tooth set
but take care with one on the left as its looks like the live so best if you unplug to use plenty of tape to isolate it
if it was mine i wou;d just leave it there as its doing no harm bt going back to original post cut the cable short to hide it better............Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts