BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Right, I'm potentially going to make myself look like a bit of an arse now, but I want to be sure what the answer is:

Does my car ('02 318ci SE) have a timing chain or cambelt? I'm pretty certain it's a chain, but I'd like to know for definite, so I don't have to worry about it anymore!

cheers,

Nik

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hi folks,

Right, I'm potentially going to make myself look like a bit of an arse now, but I want to be sure what the answer is:

Does my car ('02 318ci SE) have a timing chain or cambelt? I'm pretty certain it's a chain, but I'd like to know for definite, so I don't have to worry about it anymore!

cheers,

Nik

.................chain.:thumbsup

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was pretty sure, but every now and then (usually when I'm revving the car a bit!) I start to wonder!!

Thanks!

Now off to hide in shame...

Nik

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, here's another one. I know Angel Eyes are some sort of headlamp accessory, but can someone explain to me what they are please?

Nik

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Ok, here's another one. I know Angel Eyes are some sort of headlamp accessory, but can someone explain to me what they are please?

Nik

.........which planet are you from mate:D

just messin' dude,

Angel eyes..............right..instead of a single bulb as side lights, cars equiped with Angel eyes have a halo inside the lamps which light up.............looks cool. can get after market halo rings to mount into standard head-lamps but alot of these look naff.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi folks,

cheers,

Nik

Nik, why is that a stupid question:confused

The only time a question is stupid is when somebody doesn't know the answer but is too scared to ask... Never be afraid to ask, I'll bet there is someone that'll look at the question and be glad that you asked it:thumbsup

·
Registered
788 Posts
i didnt really think they were that bright myself lol , i bought them from germany for £229 they are black angels but not ccfl they have 4 sidelight bulbs in each angel , i might change them for 4 leds in each see how bright they go then but thanks for the comments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Im tempted by angel eye lights, but dont fancy the idea of dismantling the lights to put them in. Id also need a direct replacement kit or something because i definetly wouldnt chance anything with re-wiring anything!

Ive got a pair of white LED sidelights that i might fire in and see what they look like, got them free when i ordered wipers, i know they wont be anything spetacular but they might give off a cleaner light than the regular 501 bulb. Does anyone know if they make the dash think there is a bulb out because they use less power?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know if they make the dash think there is a bulb out because they use less power?
It may well do. Not less power, but incorrect resistance of the LED bulb seen by the light control module.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies gents, now I know! A lot of dosh aren't they? First priority for me will probably be to figure out the HID minefield and do that.

Nik

1 - 13 of 13 Posts