BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Only my first thread. Had the car approx 12 months, approx 3 months ago car started juddering, then progressed onto initial loss of power on acceleration in 1st/2nd gear, then sometimes spurts into life. Generally happening mid road/going onto roundabout. No consistency of when it happens. Diagnostics have been done - no faults showing up, however have been informed that there are four sensors in the engine, which could be the problem (although not sure!). Latest episode of it stalling is turning onto an A road no power the car judders like mad then cuts completely, altho starts straight away when turned back on. Desperately in need of help as don't want to be in a smash! Seems like the juice is being starved then released?

:confused:cool

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar juddering at low speeds in 1 st and 2 nd but fine at higher speeds. Fault codes showed camshaft sensor. Replaced camshaft sensor - no difference. Replaced air flow meter - problem solved!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Toppy,

I had the same thing within hours of buying my car a few weeks ago. Issue with mine turned out to have been the crankshaft sensor. I'm told that the sensor can sometimes act a bit erratic causing cut-outs, etc, and then work fine. Mine was cutting out for a few hours, and then after a journey on a recovery truck ran sweet as the following morning. Diagnostic revealed crankshaft sensor was the problem so got it changed. Touch wood, she now seems fine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
cam and crank sensors will leave a fault code :)
dodgy maf and worn inlet/vac pipework wont

that is useful info.

i however remember,when my came up the emissions light,it threw up an airmass flow sensor code once together with a cam sensor code.The maf code never came up again once the cam sensor was replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts