BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tried the method already posted it doesnt seem to work, is it different for mine 318c1 2002?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi jonesy, which method are you referring to please mate:thumbsup

You can purchase tools to do this from the likes of EURO CAR PARTS and GSF, very handy indeed:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Got it:thumbsup

The earlier e46s can be reset as follows

1.With Ignition Key in OFF position press and hold odometer reset down and turn ignition key to position 1 (Aux 1),
2. Keep button pressed for around 5 seconds and the words Oil change or Inspection plus RESET will display,
3. Release reset button then press reset button again until RESET begins to flash
4. Whilst reset is flashing, briefly press the reset button again and the display should read about 15250 which is the reset service interval distance.
5. After the reset distance is displayed, the caption "End SIA" appears in the display to confirm reset.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oil reset

The method you mention pressing odometer, turning key and so on this didin't work.:thumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my E46, you have to reset by a diagnostic tool connected to the OBC, so I am guessing it will the same for yours. You could try the pin shorting method, but I would really recommend the proper reset tool, otherwise you may do more damage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
having never done anything like this it will be o.k not sounding too stupid i dont wont to do any damage just for the sake of resetting this.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Otherwise try it like this........

1.With Ignition Key in OFF position press and hold odometer reset down and turn ignition key to position 1 (Aux 1),
2. Keep button pressed until RESET begins to flash
3. Whilst reset is flashing, briefly release and press the reset button again and the display should read 15250 which is the reset service interval distance.
4. After the reset distance is displayed, the caption "End SIA" appears in the display to confirm reset.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You summarise well Ron. Rym's procedure seemed too lengthy...:silly...:hihi..:rofl
Anway, I think this procedure only works on the facelift models :eek:ptimist

1 - 16 of 16 Posts