BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking at getting a sub and amp to setup in the boot of my E46 318i to get some more bang :)

However, what size sub (and amp to go with it) should I use so it fits well in my boot. I'm struggling to decide on a sub that fits well with the shape of the boot. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's a trade off, as most things are in life.

More bang, more money & less space in your boot.

I have a 12" double coil bazooka tube in my boot with a 1kw dedicated amp, overkill ? speak up in the back please :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
i wouldnt waste my time with 2 subs if u wana throw money away they buy a double but 1 12" vibe or jbl will rattle the crap out of ur car n head. its all about the amp tho you need a good amp if u buy 1000w vibe sub buy 1200w 4 channel vibe amp aswel that would be plenty enuf and with the right stereo will be even better. i had a set of 300w jbl 6x9s fli 1000w sub with built in amp n seperate rockford fosgate 100w 4 channel amp for the 6x9s n alpine 4x52w stereo and im not joking once i set it up i could sing as loud as i wanted and couldnt hear myself it was awsome and cost a bargain price of £100 for the lot

·
Registered
429 Posts
Double coil sub, pay attention at the back ;)
One 12" bazooka takes up enough space, and, yes does rattle the car / teeth etc !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts