BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Are you sure it's not on 'Average' mode, rather than 'Continuous' mode? If that's the case, should just be a case of toggling the mode setting until you get the right one. I drive an E36, so I can't be any more specific, but that's the way it works on mine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
884 Posts
any ideas on how to change the mode settings.. I have had the car for about 2 months now and it has been on 7.1 mpg the whole time ??
Well, as I say, I have an E36, so I'm not sure how the system in your car works. In mine, you switch modes on the OBC by pressing the end of the indicator stalk in towards the steering wheel, and it changes the mode between current MPG (what you want), average MPG since last reset, miles to empty, average speed since last reset, and the time. Your car will undoubtedly have some similar system, you just need to work out what it is, or wait for an E46 owner to see this and tell you. Try the indicator stalk first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, as I say, I have an E36, so I'm not sure how the system in your car works. In mine, you switch modes on the OBC by pressing the end of the indicator stalk in towards the steering wheel, and it changes the mode between current MPG (what you want), average MPG since last reset, miles to empty, average speed since last reset, and the time. Your car will undoubtedly have some similar system, you just need to work out what it is, or wait for an E46 owner to see this and tell you. Try the indicator stalk first.
He has found one GJ...:hihi...going 2 avenues...thread post and PM :lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.