BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bm has been off the road for a couple of months, put it bk on other day, coming home from work yesterday morning after 25 miles the engine temp was red hot stopped for a bit let it cool down then got home, checked oil and water when engine was cold water was fine dipstick had creamy gunk on, any ideas on what it sounds like........ cheers

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
It could just be due to condesation. I would be more concerned about the "WHY" it got so hot:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
my bm has been off the road for a couple of months, put it bk on other day, coming home from work yesterday morning after 25 miles the engine temp was red hot stopped for a bit let it cool down then got home, checked oil and water when engine was cold water was fine dipstick had creamy gunk on, any ideas on what it sounds like........ cheers

.................temp running into the red and mayo on dipstick s not a good sign mate.

At this point it would be advisable to get a sniff test on the car......this test will confirm whether you have a headgasket leak, etc

I would do this 1st and if its negative then you are laughing but need to find out why the car over heated- it would be a matter of elimination- Rad, water pump, air lock, low on coolant, thermostat, etc.

If the test comes back positive and you decide to remedy the problem then the head will have to come off- and also find out what could have caused the head failure (if any) cause you dont want that to happen again.......but if you give it to a half decent garage they should thoroughly check it over.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think i read an article on that creamy goo having somethin to do with cheap anti-freeze i,m not sure which forum i read it on i,ll try to find out more and get back to ya with the info i read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts