BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Im new to the site and after a bit of advise from you BMW Guru's out there!! I have a 2002 BMW compact wish a nackered stereo, I have bought a new aftermarket headunit (Kenwood)as I wasnt to keen on the standard business unit. Can you advise on how to remove the standard unit and what tools are required etc - pictures would be great!! Cheers all.

Keiren

·
Registered
600 Posts
welcome firstly you need to take off the trim that runs thro the centre of the dash starting with the trim on the passenger side above the glove box then take the part off thats above and surrounding the stereo once this is off you will see 2 screws that hold in the centre vents take these out then think theres 2 more a liitle bit lower down take them out then the stereo will pull out put in your new head unit you will need a new surround fascia i pressume you have that and the connecting block from kenwood to oem bmw fitting is the reversal
happy days

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that, I don't have a new surround fascia as yet but I assume these are available to halfords or similar shop??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts