BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right put a post on here a week ago about a nice low milage 316ti se model that i am buying from abbey cars car has been hpi checked and aa inspected

when i went to test drive the car it had a misfire when you reved it was supposed to be getting the car tuesday then today now the dealer has phoned me saying the car is at a garage they use for diagnostics because of this missfire they have replaced the coil pack did not make a difference and through the diagnostics they say they have ruled out anything electrical and just now as we speak are checking all the fuel system there also saying there gonna have to take the rocker cover off and see whats going on in there

what a nightmare dealer says he will provide me with recipts for all the work the other garage is gonna do on the car but i am starting to get worried

i find it strange that a low milage beemer has a problem like this more worring is they have had the car all day and still none the wiser

do you think i should lose my 100 squid deposit and just walk away ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds shoddy to me pal - NeilP is spot on, walk away if you're not 100% happy with it, there are loads of cars around at the moment and it's a buyers market so it's worth waiting until you find one you're completely happy with.

If you do choose to proceed, ask for a discount for the inconvenience and make sure you're getting some sort of warranty (by law a dealer has to provide one for 3 months).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you sure a dealer has to give you a 3 month warranty by law the buggers only offerd me a months warranty am gonna give them till tomorrow if see if the car is fixed if so gonna try and get them to put 6months tax on it and i will be asking for 3 months warranty if not all walk there is a couple of cracking 316ti,s on autotrader but there over 100 miles from me

·
Registered
124 Posts
Double check it's 3 months, pretty sure it is but others on the forum will be able to confirm that. Make sure you HPI check it, get at least 6 months tax and 12 months MOT too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info have done a hpi check came back fine and had it aa inspected aswell because was worried about the missfire all check into that 3 months warranty

thannks again

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well just off the phone to the dealer thats been 2 full days the car has been at there diagnostic garage they use he told me its now the idle conrole valve they are getting one tomorrow but they cant confirm if this will fix it

told the dealer i was thinking about walking and if he put 6 months road fund licence on the car i would wait said he could not do that so no compensation for me having to wait for the car over a week so told him no i am walking away he told me i could have my deposit back i will pick it up tomorrow

am gutted really liked the car

anyone know of a 2002 low milage 316ti se going for 5k ? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts