BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv had alot of problems recently with my (e46 316ti se compact 52reg)

After haveing to have it recovered home i had a diagnostic test done tonight and it is comeing up with code P1159 which i believe is fuel trim additive bank 1 high,please correct me if i am wrong:D

My car runs fine for a few days then every so oftern when u get bk in it it just will not start,sometimes if you leave it for a little while it will start again,but today it has just refused to start.
It also idles on tic over.

If it is this what is it? and where abouts on the car?

Would i also beable to replace this myself or is it a garage job?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Iv had alot of problems recently with my (e46 316ti se compact 52reg)

After haveing to have it recovered home i had a diagnostic test done tonight and it is comeing up with code P1159 which i believe is fuel trim additive bank 1 high,please correct me if i am wrong:D

My car runs fine for a few days then every so oftern when u get bk in it it just will not start,sometimes if you leave it for a little while it will start again,but today it has just refused to start.
It also idles on tic over.

If it is this what is it? and where abouts on the car?

Would i also beable to replace this myself or is it a garage job?

Seen a few Ti's with this fault code.

Check for air leaks- any split hoses around the intake area.

Also check the oil filler cap, these tend to get clogged up with crap and don't seal properly on these. One more thing to check if the cam cover gasket- if that is worn, that will also kick up the P1159 code.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I would also get the codes read with a BMW specific scanner as PXXXX codes aren't BMW fodder and you are probably not getting all the info.

Your codes should be along the lines of 2722 or 273D for example

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.