p2867 variable valve gear overload
p2865 power supply limited vvt emergency
p2862 variable valve gear voltage supply open stage

how do i get rid of these? they r annoying

·
Registered
2 Posts
2862dme

Hello, I am currently working on a 318i E46 that has this error code. 2862DME: Variable Valve Gear - Voltage Supply, Power Output Stage, Deactivation Faulty. This is the exact description from the GT1 diagnostics. I checked the actuator motor and it is OK. The wiring from the actuator motor to the control unit is also fine. I opened up the control module and found four MOSFETs inside, most likely in a H-bridge configuration so as to allow the forward and reversing action of the actuator motor. Since I already opened up the unit, I might as well replace those MOSFETs, and I did replace them with higher rated ones. I re-installed the control unit back but the problem still persists. I did the actuation test in GT1 while connecting a voltmeter to the wires of the actuator and got no voltage reading at all. Since the actuator motor is directly connected to the control module, I am thinking that this control module has gone bad. Can anyone chime in on this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I am currently working on a 318i E46 that has this error code. 2862DME: Variable Valve Gear - Voltage Supply, Power Output Stage, Deactivation Faulty. This is the exact description from the GT1 diagnostics. I checked the actuator motor and it is OK. The wiring from the actuator motor to the control unit is also fine. I opened up the control module and found four MOSFETs inside, most likely in a H-bridge configuration so as to allow the forward and reversing action of the actuator motor. Since I already opened up the unit, I might as well replace those MOSFETs, and I did replace them with higher rated ones. I re-installed the control unit back but the problem still persists. I did the actuation test in GT1 while connecting a voltmeter to the wires of the actuator and got no voltage reading at all. Since the actuator motor is directly connected to the control module, I am thinking that this control module has gone bad. Can anyone chime in on this?
Hi,

Any luck sorting your car out?

I'm having the same problem.:frown

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts