BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie so hope someone can help and advise! When I slow down I get a slight wheel wobble. I had 4 new tyres last October so balancing and tracking done too. Have been told it could be discs/pads, front suspension, bushes (whatever they are!). Should I go to BMW for diagnosis or does anyone know of a garage near Walton on Thames that might be cheaper?
Thanks in anticipation!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Firstly can I ask where you are feeling this wheel wobble... Can it only be felt on the steering wheel or can you feel the shaking in your arse and the rest of the car?

Is the experience only when decelerating, only when braking or can it be felt at motorway speeds when not applying the brakes?

Wheel alignment and tracking should be at least checked once every three months. There is no need to go to a dealer for diagnosis. Once we have established the fault then we can point you in the right direction of where to go:thumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.