BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly Happy New Year to all members - heres hoping it is a good one for us all. Just thought to post up my experience of Sat when I took the car in for an MOT as for the first time I got an advisory.

As I was not in London I tried a local garage in Peterborough (not a main dealer) and I was amazed how thorough the tester was! And i was equally impressed on the tyre readings they gave me on all of my tyres for example NSR 6/6/6 and OSR 6/6/6 which basically was the reading across the whole of the tyre.

Anyway back to the advisory - list of items

Wiper blades slight smear on sweep, jacking point pad missing (NSR), tyre wear excessive on OSF (poss tracking) oh and the magic tree air freshner hanging from the rear view mirror causing possible obstruction of view and should be removed.

So for 38.10 (they were doing 15 quid off) it was a pass....

The garage did not force me to have the tracking done nor did they try and sell me a tyre - went back yesterday morning and got tracking/wheel alignment done 29 quid (it was out) - just nice to go a garage that do a professional job and don't take the p*ss......

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ronnie

Thanks I may just well do that - I must say it was just nice to go in and not have people think here comes a BMW driver with ooodles of cash to throw about - in fact even one of the customers commented on the car as well - but the guys were good in that place. I will get the details and post them up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.