BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Try jacking the car up and see if it does it with the front wheels raised up off the floor, if it does(which is doubtful) then you can trace it easily.

Otherwise you will need to get the car on a pit or 4 post ramp and simulate it while someone is underneath.

The only thing you can do is while the car is jacked up check the wheels for play from side to side and top and bottom, also check the bushes out and check the ball joints with a pry bar. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's worth checking all the rubber bushes on the front end. I've just fitted Poly bushes to my E39. I used to be able to move the front wheels about 1" with a sharp kick to the tyre, just because of play in the front Tension Arm Bush.

If you get any play at all in either the wheel or any of the wishbones, I'd say it may be worth replacing the bushes.

Just one other thing. You said you've just put 18" wheels on. They aren't touching the wheel arch liners anywhere are they?

Reactions: ak186

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im almost sure it comes from the front left side. Will get it on the ramps tomorrow and see what i can find..

Something needs to be changed, suspensions sagging abit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.