BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E39 530D SPORT-In line fuel pump

Tags
sportin
3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  duggan776 
#1 ·
Hi all.

Yesterday I discovered a fuel leak and traced it back to the in line diesel pump under the passenger foot well (thanks to SPS for helping me identify the fuel pump).

Now, I start a new job tomorrow and it's a 25 mile commute. Can anyone advise if the car will be ok for getting me there if I run it with the leak in the pump? (it's a small hole in the body of the pump) It loses quite alot of fuel, but seems to run ok. Obviously, it's not ideal to lose any fuel with current prices, but I can't get a replacement until Thursday at the earliest.

I just want to make sure that it will be fine for the journey for the coming week, and that I won't cause any further damage in doing so. Any ideas?

Thanks

#4 ·
If you can get the area around the hole clean and dry apply some chemical metal over the hole, I have used this stuff to get me out of a jam many times, it really does what it says on the tin, around a fiver from halfords, I have tempo fixed core plugs, cracked carbs etc and is therefore oil, petrol and derv resitant and will not fail under high tempratures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.