BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one tell me the best place to connect an rca adapter to my rear speakers.ive read on here its under rear seat but i don't know which are speaker wires or anythin please help......

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Depends on what factory fitted audio equipment you have in the car, and which speakers you are hoping to tap. Any more details?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, factory fit is basic cassette bussiness head unit,2 front door speakers and 2 speakers in rear shelf with cd changer in boot,would have thought rear shelf speakers would be best but not sure on wire colours,i think the best place to tap in is under rear seat??

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You can tap in anywhere that is physically convenient. I would tap at a place that gives you the shortest run of RCA to the new amp.

You will want to take the time to GND the LOC at the headunit to remove DC alternator whine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks joylove.... under the rear seat i can easily see and access the wires however unsure which ones are the speakers,i believe they may be the only set there that are twisted around each other,would you be able to comfirm this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts