BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trawled the ipod integration threads until my head hurts, i think i have come to the conclusion that all i would like is a line in that i can plug my ipod into via the 3.5mm jack on the grounds that i'm broke and you really cant beat controlling an ipod, WITH the ipod :thumbsup

Next question then, does my iris integrated head unit have any provision for this? Or would i need to plug in in place of the cd changer? If so is there an offthe shelf lead that i can buy?

Cheers all
Roland

·
Registered
728 Posts
Could use one of those tape things with a wire most simple and costs about a fiver at most :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Only the BM54 navigation definately had an Aux In port as far as I know. However you could try using the pins on the back of the headunit.

I know for sure that not all HU supported Aux In (Mine doesn't), no matter what that diagram shows. Should only cost a few pounds for some MQS pins and an 3.5mm lead wire to cut up.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you have the integrated head unit then it does not support Aux.

If you have a head unit with individual IRIS module and media/radio module then it might.

To connect up an Aux input you need more than just the wires, but not much more. The Aux input is detected by a 300 K ohm resistor across the left and right chanels of the Aux input on the radio, when this is present on a head unit with Aux capability you can select the Aux input with the 'MODE' key. Here is the wiring diagram

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
You could get a dice silverline pro,

There are two modes of opperation to the dice, you can control via the HU or via the ipod,

This way, you can charge you ipod while listening to it, you can skip track directly from the HU or steering wheel, the sound quality will be marginally better than aux and you will get the track info on the HU screen

There is a link in my sig to my dice instal

·
Registered
880 Posts
The E39 Integrated head unit is not capable of text display, so don't get something for this reason because it won't work! With the DICE Silverline you would have to use it in iPod control mode and would have a hard time navigating the menus.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
The E39 Integrated head unit is not capable of text display, so don't get something for this reason because it won't work! With the DICE Silverline you would have to use it in iPod control mode and would have a hard time navigating the menus.
Didnt know the e39 could display text,

However he will still be able to contol his ipod via the ipod using the dice and still have the other functions mentioned :thumbsup

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've thought about dice but i dont think its for me, at least i think its overly complicted and expensive for what i want.

Richard, is the connects2 box in your link the one that plugs into the cd changer wires? the website is a bit vague.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts