BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my rear trailing arm bushes at work today (what a P.I.T.A) and found not 1 but both of myrear tyres needs changing. The o/s/r is like a slick in the middle and has 4mm on the outer edges. The n/s/r one which is 4 months old! is down to the legallimit in the middle. It shows classic signs of over inflation but have always set them to the recommened pressures:shifty:. So to sum up a michellin pilot sport has lasted only 4 months and aprox 6k miles! Safe to say i am replacing them with something a wee bit cheaper and something that lasts longer, might go backtoAvon ZZ3's. Had noproblemswith them on both my old e46 coupes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i did this lol but then once i replaced my trailing arm bushes my michelin pilot sport 2's have lasted me 3 years no probs :) trailing arm bushes rly will [email protected]@k your rear tyres over

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got 2 avons put on the rear today, a wee bit lighter on the wallet :thumbsup only problem they obviously have a squarer sidewall than michillens as one is catching on the arch due to the ride height :frown. Having one of those weeks with this car:shifty:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh mate, what a s****r!
YEah it has the classic o/s/r sag. guess ill be ordering up some new spring pads tomorrow, guess a 30 mm drop was a bit too much on the rear end :hihi. Only saving grace i'm getting the rear arches sorted next month anyhow as the winter hasnt been to kind to them. You can go all year without spending a dime apart from a service, then it all comes at once :shifty:. This isnt getting the e30 on the road any quicker :lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts