BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 330D M sport touring tiptronic. Getting a squawk accelerating from standstill as it clicks into 2nd, can just hear a similar noise as braking to standstill. Sounds like it is from the diff. Does this model have an LSD and if so could it be the clutch? Any other ideas.

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Squawking back end

Shocks seem ok, nothing during all other motoring including the very bumpy roads in Dorset. No other knocks or strange noises.

Does the M sport have an open or an LSD?

John

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Is it noisy on steering full lock from the rear? usually e46 LSD diffs(M3) are noisy on lock, I also don't think you have a slipper on your car.

I would check out your rear diff bush, they are known to go weak, would also be worth checking out the subframe mounting points as they also go bad on e46s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, doesn't seem to be related to tight turns when an LSD would need to slip, happens when pulling away in a straight line. Mine has got the M Sport pack but not sure if they went as far as the LSD, has the 18" wheels, very stiff suspension/dampers, 35 profile rears etc. Getting it checked tomorrow, subframe mountings sound like a possible cause. Will let you know the verdict. Thanks
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts