BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my rear speakers has just developed an annoying crackling so think it is on its way out. Instead of replacing it for an OEM speaker I am looking at upgrade options. I am not interested in going down the route of amps, x-overs, eqs etc.. as I like to keep things as standard as possible.

What I am looking for is speaker options. As far as I can tell, I have 2 speakers in the rear shelf and two tweeters in the front door cards. Can anyone tell me what sizes these speakers are? I have also seen speaker adaptors for sale. Are these needed?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats not a bad idea. Might have to do that. I have a couple of sets of KEF and Focal components that I wanted to use in the rears and fronts, but I have a feeling the depth of the speakers maybe too great

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Could be a speaker wire going to earth. I had a similar problem when I first fitted my sub box and speakers and found that I had managed to trap a speaker wire under the box. Due to the weight of the box and vibration the protective coating had worn through exposing the wires to the vehicle body.

There are many sharp pieces of metal behind the head unit. Not saying it is the problem but is a possibility:thumbsup

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, stop giving me solutions to the problem. I am using the problem as an excuse to upgrade the rubbish paper cones that are fitted at the moment ;););)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts