BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a few hours spare at work tonight so thought I would remove my swirl flaps. I striped down the covers as per a procedure I found on the net. However, when I came to remove the final piece of accoustic panel which covers the rear part of the manifold and lives underneath the pollen filter housing, I could not get it out. I tried along with a couple of guys at work for over an hour and still it would not release. I had undone all the screws that held it in place put all I could do was move it left to right.

It was getting close to the stage where I was about to rip the whole thing out so I thought I better put it all back together before I damage something.

So I am hoping some of you guys may have done this mod and may be able to tell me where or what is stopping me removing this final bit of panel. :mad:mad

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes mate, the whole housing assembly was removed. I can get the part completely loose, but can not seem to get it out from it's position. In the procedure, there is a mention of a cable clip attatched to it somewhere, but I just can not seem to see where.

I was hoping someone had actually carried out the swirl flap removal and maybe they could tell me how they removed it,

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update. Managed to remove the panel after removing the wiper motor panel. Having a look at the flaps, theys looked to be in perfect condition with hardly any dirt build up on them. To be honest, I was tempted to leave them alone, but as I had stripped it all out, I carried on and removed all the flaps and replaced the holes with a M5 x 20 screw with green loctite.

The whole job took around 3 hours and does not seem to have adverse effects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.