BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching diesel tuning for the 320d and all anybody seems to do is the remap and thats it.

Anybody gone a stage further and started with different turbos, intercoolers, injectors, etc... (and then a remap on top of course :thumbsup)

I guess the same is applicable with the 330d, suppose most people going this far would start with a 330 anyway.

Thanks for any info, links, etc :):):)

·
Registered
210 Posts
someone's always gotta be first ;-)

There is a company that's done a chuffing powerful 320d but I forget who they were. Just search "320d tuning" in google and you'll hit upon it at some point. Seem to recall them claiming a daily driven and reliable 360ish horses. Having said that, possibilities are generally limited only by the depth of your pockets.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Add_Gee - be careful mate. You're running a 2002 plate with a frail turbo as it is and some seriously suspicious swirl flaps. You might be able to get it re-mapped to 185 bhp by some reputable places but they'll advise you not to. At that age you're likely to pretty much destroy your motor!

·
Registered
46 Posts
was thinking of getting mine remapped. would love to do it but like you say the turbos are well known for failing . got a 52 320td compact.

·
Registered
17 Posts
iv not hered of many bmw's been taken further but i no of a lot of vag 1.9tdi's running nere 300bhp

there is a guy nere bakewell in in derbyshire that has a 300bhp ish 120d m47tu
i can get his No if u like

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Not as yet there still new wait a few more years and they will be more kits about.. But before you can run you need to walk... What iam trying to say is get it mapped first and see what you think...:thumbsup

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts