BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to site, but very gald I've joined due to the wealth of knowledge out there. The engine management light has come on in my car. I did get this checked on a diagonstic and it came back as a faulty inlet cam sensor. I had this replaced but the light has come back on again. I foolishly had a patterned part put in and not an original BMW part would this make a difference?

I've also noticed my oil consumption going up. I've been told that these cars do consume a lot of oil between services and this because I don't use the car very often or really use it very much as in long drives which doesnt help, due to the type of oil, I've been using Castrol Edge 0-30.

Basically I'm looking for a reliable mechanic who understands these cars and can sort out the problem without it costing me a bomb. I'm in the Redbridge area, so can go to most place's in Essex or Hertfordshire.

Can anyone advise? Many thanks

·
Registered
667 Posts
A lot of people that put the non-BMW sensors in seem to have problems. If it's throwing a code for the same sensor I would get some WD40 in the connections to make sure there is no water in there and then check the wiring for damage before I buy a replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts