BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , am new on this site as a registered member but have found it really helpfull as a non registered viewer. 2001 X5 3.0i sport E53.
I have an LPG conversion and have been recommended to fit a flashlube kit to protect the valve seals. Have bought the kit but not sure where to put the entry hole for the lube nozzle. Can it go into the vacuum pipe that feeds into the inlet manifold. With the lpg kit there's not much room for the flashlube bracket and bottle on inlet side of the engine. If anyone has fitted one would be gratefull to know where you put it. I am having intermittant blue smoking on cold start up which does mean I probably have damaged seals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
flash lube on lpg conversion.

Hello , am new on this site as a registered member but have found it really helpfull as a non registered viewer. 2001 X5 3.0i sport E53.
I have an LPG conversion and have been recommended to fit a flashlube kit to protect the valve seals. Have bought the kit but not sure where to put the entry hole for the lube nozzle. Can it go into the vacuum pipe that feeds into the inlet manifold. With the lpg kit there's not much room for the flashlube bracket and bottle on inlet side of the engine. If anyone has fitted one would be gratefull to know where you put it. I am having intermittant blue smoking on cold start up which does mean I probably have damaged seals.
I had my lpg conversion serviced last week and I enquired about fitting the flash lube system, the conversion people said you do not need it , it is only for cars with poor quality valves ie japanese cars. (their words not mine).

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I wouldn't have thought anything with hardened valve seats and guides would need it, so most engines made since 1985

1 - 3 of 3 Posts