Thanks Neil. Our car was fine when they collected it but was out when it came back. Bmw are trying to say we have done it. They have since collected the car again and dropped off a courtesy car while they look in to it. They have since said they need to do a wheel alignment check of the four wheels. That's why I asked if they should have checked it after they fitted the new wishbone.
No mate. Bmw @ Shrewsbury still have it (5 days so far). Now they are trying to charge us £400 to fix the problem. Now they are saying split the difference to £180.Not going to pay them a penny more. We didn't put the steering out!
Already spent £3900 with Shrewsbury since may and never complained.
Sent our x5 to Bmw Shrewsbury for a mot.
They rang back to say it had failed.
It failed on
1. Nsr tyre had a split on the inside wall.
2. Movement in the Nsf wishbone bush beyond limit.
3. Osf indicator bulb not working.
Had car for 5 days.
No loan car available.
That was fair, no problem so far.
Paid the bill of £575.64
Car was delivered back to us Tuesday evening.
1. Car steering nsf alignment was out by 1 1/2". Steering wheel not straight how it should be.When the steering wheel was straight Osf was inline with the rear. But not the nsf. Funny that was the side the wishbone had been replaced.
2. Headlight was causing problems at Birmingham airport. Aim was way to high.(Head light removal to change the indicator bulb)
3. Bmw had to have the car for another day because they had ordered the wrong indicator bulb.
4. We had the x5 serviced may 2010 and asked for our service book to be signed. We asked 5 times for it to be signed.
5. When the car was brought back, Bmw forgot to bring the Mot cert & the bill. So it had to be sent by post.
6. Bmw fitted a indicator bulb holder at a cost of £29 without any contact saying it needed it.
Because we live & work on a farm, we didn't drive the car till Wednesday night. We did a mile round trip to the garage. We noticed that the steering was not right.
We rang Bmw Shrewsbury the next day (Thursday) to report the fault. They agreed to give us a loan car & collect ours on Friday morning. Still going well.
5 days went by while they had our car.
They then rang us up to say "They could not see how the problems happened" but in not too many words said it was down to us.
They had now had our car for another 5 days.
Today they rang to say that the work required would cost us £400. My girl friend said "no way".
2 hours later they rang again to say "They would meet us half way with the cost, £180"
"No way again".
Later this afternoon, they rang again to say our car would be back tonight at no cost to us and all the work would be put right.
They told my girl friend we were a valued customer. ( No sh*t!!!! We have spent £3900 since may)
To be fair to BMW Shrewsbury. All the work and quality of service that had been done to our car before was very good, but it just seemed to be this time.
Anyway all came good in the end.
If you pay for work to be done, you want it done right.