BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one help me hear, i have a 2001 e46 m3 manual which has recently gone into limp mode a few times, its been plugged in on a diagnostics machine n its saying i have a problem with port 1 on the throttle bodies, dsc switch failed, dsc unable to communicate with dme and a steering angle sensor, the main issue is the throttle bodies, has anyone heard of any common faults on them before?? it was just remapped by c.a. automotive and the same fault was there but he reset the throttle and the revs dropped. its been fine til now, wen the car is on idle its a bit crappy it jumps between 800 - 1000rpm up and down and now the traction control has decided 2 turn its self off half way through a journey.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been told i may need new throttle bodies, the car is on a warranty anyway so i wont be paying but my warranty company have messed up my car details and i have 2 wait 2 weeks b4 they even consider gettin it soerted, jus need 2 no myself because its down on power too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh yes...they are good...much better than warranty direct :thumbsup. But as with all warranty companies that try and wangle out of a claim, make sure you notify them before taking it into a garage for repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.