BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

A mate of mine is having the calipers of his m3 removed to be sand blasted then painted, does anyone know the paint code or exact colour of silver that BMW use when painting calipers - he's very fussy lol

Thanks for any help

Liam

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
or if he is that fussy go to bmw and they will supply the right paint at 5 times the cost of hammerite..

Reactions: LJB2801

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
So Hammerite Smooth will do the job for calipers??? just to confirm thats why I ask and I need some now...

Just wondering can I just spray it on with out masking it up when they are off the car and being brand new calipers don't want to paint on something that I shouldn't...

·
Registered
701 Posts
yeah mate hammerite smooth will do the trick any hamerite will do its what i have used for every car and more that ive ownd or did for mates.

as far as new calipers off the car all ive done in the past is ram paper in where the pads would be making sure i dont paint the seals on the pistons. and i normaly remove the bleed nipple and cover the hole as dont want paint in there either. you could paint the bleed nipple but i like mine clean with a rubber cap over. if you dont have the caps let me know and ill get some from work and post them to you. no charge as i wont be paying for them. everything else gets painted even

also the calipers arnt painted from factory. i work with them every day yeah on a nissan but calipers are calipers and made the same way througout brands. there just metal hence the silver looking.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Cheers mate!! Legend! I will nip down to wilco and get the aerosol as I only got two to do...

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
You could also paint it with a tun and brush, that's what I done and didn't bother taking them off the car

If your gonna spray them just mask the pitons and bits on the inside of the caliper and where the brake hose fits too

·
Registered
701 Posts
just egt a small tin and briush it on. hamerite smooth wont show brush strokes if enoughs applied its a weird paint and finds it own smoothness. plus if you get the tin you have spare to touch up later while there on the car as brakes dust hammers them. i painted mine 4 month ago and they need redoing. it shows alot on mine as there neon orange

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
How this for 1st time masking?

Also got the aerosol give it a try and see!

·
Registered
701 Posts
i mate thats spot on bud you dont messa round shopping do ypou lol ide ive been out for hours wandering around the3 car section then called into halfords and b nq befor home hahaha always been the same i like to see whats about

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
i mate thats spot on bud you dont messa round shopping do ypou lol ide ive been out for hours wandering around the3 car section then called into halfords and b nq befor home hahaha always been the same i like to see whats about
Nah I would normally take forever doing this but my car needs new calipers as I already have red calipers and the two fronts are had it! I need them to be red all round and I need to ring a machnic up and get them fitted when they dry...

should be 15mins after each coat.... says that one the can :thumbsup

Its a very bright red at the moment spraying it on now.... I'll go take a picture....

Oh if you take a look at my project - Link on my SIG just updated

·
Registered
701 Posts
get yourself a self bleeding kit and fit them yourself mate its easier than your think. remove old fit ned fill resovoir put self bleeding kit on the bleed nipple. press the brake a few times. top up resovoir and repeat making sure you get all the air bubles out. tighhten nipple and wala job done ill hunt a pic of the neons to give you a giggle lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts