BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to change the coolant on my tourer as part of a routine service and pre MOT test check over, it's 8th birthday is february..

It only has 47k miles but I have read all the postings about bleeding the system and problems associated with that, I was wondering is it worth changing anything else while I am at it, such as the thermostat or water pump?

I am pretty good with the spanners and a big hammer:), not much will scare me off - there is nothing at all wrong with the car at the minute (touch wood) this is purely routine and preventative maintenance... Just trying to hedge my bets and make sure I only have to bleed the system once!!

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well Kevin, you could change the water pump if it has a plastic impeller, change thermostat, change top and bottom rad hose including the expansion tank...all for preventative maintenance, but I see a big expense there :frown. All I can suggest for now is use the right coolant and bleed as stated in the forum :thumbsup

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thanks for that speedy response..

Was going to get the coolant from the Stealers to make sure that it was correct, as far as what to change - I suppose reading what some of the others say about bleeding the system I was just trying to prevent a future re-visit to that issue if there where any common points of failiure I could address at the same time...

Thanks again for the advise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts