BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that my fuel flap doesn't lock, even when the central locking is activated. I pulled the green cord thing in the boot (because I didn't know what it did) - could this be the reason?

What do I need to do to get it to lock, especially as fuel is megabucks nowadays?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
No. 12 is your vacumn actuator which is linked to the pull cord no. 14, so see if you can play with the cord to hopefully correct the actuator otherwise a new one will set you back £45.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. Will have a look tomorrow and see what's what behind the boot trim. It has to come off to do my rear shocks anyway.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Your going to have a new car soon Gareth, with the amount of bits you've replaced. Good job :thumbsup

Making me ashamed of the bits and pieces I need to do to mine, but haven't got around too :frown

·
Registered
320 Posts
This will only lock with deadlock operation off of the remote control. Then you will have to see if there is battery voltage applied across the two pins when the remote is pressed, it then is swapped the opposite way round on the pins to open it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought my e46 deadlocks automatically? i only have one lock button on the remote, and pressing it once locks the car and the lights flash. pressing it again does nothing, apart from bringing on the interior lights.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
strangely, it's sorted itself out and now locks. I like it when the car fixes itself.... :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
i thought my e46 deadlocks automatically? i only have one lock button on the remote, and pressing it once locks the car and the lights flash. pressing it again does nothing, apart from bringing on the interior lights.
2nd button press does something with the alarm I think.

What is that green bit in the boot with the fuel sign on?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
2nd button press does something with the alarm I think.

What is that green bit in the boot with the fuel sign on?
Pressing and I think holding the lock button straight after locking the car turns off the motion sensor (the square thing in the middle of the roof). The red light under the mirror will flash/do something to signal it been turned off.

I forget the exact details but something along those lines, it's all in the manual.

Green thing in the boot is the emergency fuel flap opener :thumbsup

·
Registered
59 Posts
That no. 12 in the diagram is a little motor that does the locking. I got one recently off fleabay for about £20 when mine got stuck. I pulled it apart to see if I could fix it, no good, the brushes in the motor itself worn out. It locks and unlocks with the drivers door (I have mine set to unlock drivers door only on first press, the rest on second press.) Everything including deadlocks lock on first press, and then as Xmak says for second press. The light stays on for a few seconds longer to indicate the motion sensor is off, then flashes as normal (I think!!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts